News directly from Japan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  17:31:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is Cam here. Been a while! Been in Japan for about 3 months, and here to give you the lowdown on what`s on. Little behind on Australian events, so forgive me if I`m covering old ground...

Got Silent Hill 4: The Room. It`s exccellent, as usual, but the story moves VERY slowly! As you`ve probably heard, you can`t leave the room to get to the outside world, but you can go through portals into other creepy areas. The creatures are decent enough, and the graphics, naturally, are spectacular. However, the game as a whole seems to be the shallowest of the series. The rooms are empty more often than not, which keeps suspense down. Also, with a slow-moving story, you`ll find your patience whaining quickly.

Dance Dance Revolution: Party Edition is the real gem, but that`s import-only. With roughly 40 of the best songs in the series, and a collection of virtually every character/modification to ever appear in a DDR game, there`s plenty to unlock & keep you going!

For the one other Australian J-Pop fan out there, I picked up an Ayumi Hamasaki game. It has a remix section similar to the music series, where you can edit together your own remixes of 4 of her songs. The real hilight of the game is a fully-interactive video of her 2001 Tokyo Dome Tour, where you can zoom in & out, change camera angles and pan around 360 degrees. Very cool way to watch a DVD of a live concert!

DVD video previews:
Resident Evil 5 look absolutely INCREDIBLE! Scary as hell, and some much needed changes to gameplay. Graphically, there are few who can compete. The creatures look set to scare the bageezes out of you!

Ace Combat 5 looks great. The planes do the trick well, but maybe not a good as the 4th incarnation. The landscapes look far better than the last, and this time you`re treated to fully-rendered FMV seqences. Looks like there is a lot of character depth in this one.

Devil May Cry 3 looks similar to the last, but there is a lot more variety in the backgrounds. The moves are still Matrix-inspired, though much more impressive this time around. A lot of over-the-top flips and gunplay.

Gotta go for now, but on a final note, import Biohazard: Director`s Cut Dual Shock Version. SO much more to be had. Plus the bonus disk will have you DROOLING!!

Ja matta ne!

________ . .________ . ________
________I .I________ . ________I
I . . . . . . . .________I I________
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07