Eye Toy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Soulhead

Australia
126 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2003 :  10:19:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bought myself an EyeToy on Thursday night and have had an absolute blast with it. Me and my friends have laughed ourselves stupid and marvelled at the potential that this little gadget has.

While the picture quality is kinda crap, the only thing that really matters is how effective its motion detection is. It's so responsive and accurate that from the first time you play Kung Foo, you'll feel like it's the most natural control system you've ever experienced.

While the 'Play' disc included with the camera only has a few stand-out games on it, it does demonstrate the incredible potential of this peripheral. There are so many directions developers can take with EyeToy.

Get yourself one now! IMO, EyeToy is the single most innovative development in console gaming in years. Sony have really come up with the goods; let's just hope the third parties get behind it.

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2003 :  13:39:52  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm with you on this one all the way. Although I'm still awaiting a copy to review from myselft I have been playing a friends Eye Toy over the weekend, and it's a blast. Yes the graphics aren't the best quality, but the gameplay is right up there. I also have no reservations about recommending this device/game, unless you have no friends at all. Then it may become a little boring.

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2003 :  00:21:26  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
unless you have no friends at all

AAHAHAHAHA!!!! I can see it now; 'Eye Toy; the ideal gift for anyone... except for those with no friends at all...'

Back to planet earth; I've seen it in stores and it looks pretty crazy... kinda snuck out on me; i hadn't heard anything about it coming prior to seeing it for sale.

g

Is it the shoes?

www.futuregamez.net

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2003 :  14:59:56  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hay Chris,
That's only due to my slackness with not doing a preview on the title..!! The thing was that it has been release before I was expecting it. I though October.. rang up Sony a couple of weeks ago and they said July 11!!

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

adman1095
Average Member

Australia
88 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  22:57:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah speakin of playin it at someone else's house, I played it at my friends house with another mate. It was so fun I couldn't stop laughing the very first time I saw it being played! It is very exciting to think what games will use the eye toy's potential. I know the knew Tony Hawk game is going to, with the face-texturing. First person shooters would be hilarious having your mates on the screen! I am going to get an eye toy ASAP! Well hope more people will enjoy them as much as we did!

Go to Top of Page

adman1095
Average Member

Australia
88 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2003 :  09:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally they have got some eye toys instock so I am goin to buy one this week!!! I know I am a bit slow but they ran out!!

Go to Top of Page

adman1095
Average Member

Australia
88 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2003 :  09:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to know if there is another eye toy game with heaps of mini games like the one that came with it?
The ones I have played are very fun but there are just a few that you actually play for ages , all the rest arent quite as fun.
So new games would be fun! Does anyone know of anything about a second eye toy game?

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2003 :  11:46:44  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It looks like Eye Toy: Groove will be released in time for Christmas.. and after that Eye Toy: Sports is apparently on the horizon.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

adman1095
Average Member

Australia
88 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2003 :  14:51:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool! Is there a site with any info about it?
Well the eye toy sports sounds awesome, the groove sounds pretty good, but I would rather the sports.
Are they ever going to have a strategy type game like C&C with the eyetoy? That would be fun commanding your units in mid air, although it might get a tad tiring.

Also is there going to be an online option with the eye toy?

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2003 :  18:27:14  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sony's official response about Eye Toy online is "watch this space".

Yar Groove is like that Beat Freaks mini-game in the Play version, but much harder and longer. There are almost no details yet but expect them in the coming month or so.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2005 :  14:11:56  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well I thought I'd bump this topic (not like anyone is reading the forums much atm!) but anyway Eye Toy Play 3 has just been released and you can read the review right here.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07