Silent Hill 3 in May
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Soulhead

Australia
126 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2003 :  13:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Capcom have reported that Silent Hill 3 is being released for PS2 in Europe in May.
Extraordinary - are Capcom truly going to do the unthinkable and give PAL gamers a much anticipated title well before it hits Japan?

...of course not. Capcom have confirmed that SH3 will be released in Japan on May 23 for 6800yen. Oh well, the fact that they're releasing a PAL version around the same time is still better than expected *coughDMC2cough*.
I'm really looking forward to SH3. It looks like a return to the feel of SH1.

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  07:47:20  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Firstly Silent Hill 3 is a Konami, not Capcom product.

However I can confirm that Gamenation (Australia distributer of Konami Products) has confirmed to me that May 23rd is the Australian date as well as Europe.

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net
Go to Top of Page

Soulhead

Australia
126 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  08:56:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doh! My bad.
Yes, Konami, not Capcom. *slaps self*
Good to hear the news from Gamenation, Phantom. Simultaneous world release! Let's hope the PAL conversion is good. 60hz would be nice.

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  21:11:59  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Silent Hill 3 is out next week and I've been playing a review copy for some time now. This is a tremendous title. How many people are interested in getting this title.. and do you have any thoughts about it?

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

Soulhead

Australia
126 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2003 :  14:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been playing the demo and I'm hugely impressed. The level of detail and the beautiful play of light and shadow at a constantly silky framerate is just staggering. I honestly didn't think the PS2 had this kind of grunt in it. The in-game characters are so lifelike that there's no need for CG cutscenes.

Better still, the atmosphere of the original Silent Hill has returned. The action has stepped up a notch, and they aren't kidding around when it comes to the HARD level riddles! The bookshop puzzle on hard level is an absolute killer! Took me ages to crack it. If the rest of the game is consistent with what I've seen so far, I'll be a very happy and scared camper.

Go to Top of Page

adman1095
Average Member

Australia
88 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  21:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well with all your responses I am definately thinking of buying it. There were some good, scary stuff in the other two Silent Hill games, so hopefully they have put in some of the concepts of the other two to make it as scary and worthwhile as possible. Well I might have to get the demo of it , havent played it yet...DAMN IT! The pictures and reviews that I have seen and read make me really want to buy it. This game would be good if it was online like Resident evil online. Running around in terror from death-like monsters would be fun with a few friends, rather than absolutely terrifying!.Well I'll write to you next time when I have bought the game and played it!!

Go to Top of Page

Soulhead

Australia
126 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2003 :  10:58:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cleared the game last night. Wow. It's easily the most visceral SH yet. Toward the end it gets more twisted, bloody and repulsive than I ever would have imagined. Like Cronenberg meets Lynch.

The first extra costume is quite...post-modern. Very self referential. Apparently I satisfied the conditions for the Heather Beam, though I have no idea what that is. I guess I'll pick it up in the new game. Now I'm wondering what I could have done differently to achieve a different ending.

SH3 is a quality title, though if you're not familiar with the original SH, you may be a bit baffled. I recommend it highly to gamers who don't mind a game that really messes with your head.

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2003 :  10:08:07  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I guess you could take a line from Total Recall "It's the greatest mind**** yet" (or something along those lines..)

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07