Playstation 2
 Burnout 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2002 :  21:23:26  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, I can't believe there isn't a topic about this game. It's great fun - so much better then last years. Anyone got some top scores/crashes to report while I complete the review?

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net

rx7_13b
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2002 :  11:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This games rocks !. I've owned it for 1 week and I've been playing it non stop. Its really quick and gets the heart pumping when the boost kicks in. I've unlocked all of the crash modes and a few extra cars. Its not easy to unlock face off modes though in the later stages as you need to win gold in all the tracks in the group. Overall though its an awsome game. Highly recommended.

Go to Top of Page

noyboy74
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2002 :  14:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a quick question - in the first version the traffic was 'scripted' (The traffic always started in the same spot and followed the same path unless it had to avoid you) - is it still the same in this version?? It used to bug me that I could work out a pattern and always use it at the start because I knew for a fact where all the traffic was... Thanks!!!!

Go to Top of Page

rx7_13b
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2002 :  15:17:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The traffic is mostly randomly positioned. I can only think of a handful of "scripted" traffic situations. Actually now that I think about it properly its even less than a handful.

Go to Top of Page

noyboy74
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2002 :  22:03:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic - thanks for the quick answer :)
Looks like a trip to EB is on the cards - you should get a commission :)

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2002 :  22:08:14  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Usually when I finish a review (and especially with abotu 10 other games waiting) I forget about playing a game again. But Burnout 2 comes out every time my mates are around. It's awesome

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2002 :  23:09:17  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I gotta admit, Burnout is one of a select few games that I play better when i'm drunk (quake's the other that springs to mind); must have something to do with the relaxing effect of beer or something; so instead of being all jumpy on the edge of you're seat going oh-my-god-i-almost-hit-that-guy, you're just chilled back and wouldn't mind sideswiping every second car.

I had the first, but took it back due to longeivity (?) reasons; but now that money isn't as much of an issue as before (and that this one's improved), I can't wait till this one comes out.

g
Go to Top of Page

rx7_13b
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2002 :  10:37:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been playing it ever since I bought it. Been about 2 weeks now. It's a really addictive game. It reminds me of the good old days playing outrun on the old C64. A nice change from intense simulator type games like GT3 and V8 supercars.

Go to Top of Page

Soulhead

Australia
126 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2002 :  13:14:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't going to buy another game until GTA:VC, but I'm seriously considering B2 now. I haven't found anyone who has a bad word to say about it. Hmm.
The trouble with full-time work is that it gives you a lot of money to buy games with, but leaves you with little time to play them.
All work and no play(station) makes soulhead a dull boy.

Go to Top of Page

Soulhead

Australia
126 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2002 :  13:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just bought it. Having a party this w'end and needed another decent 2 player game. This is sooo much improved over the original! Criterion have really got the most out of their engine with this game.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07