Playstation 2
 V8 Supercars Australia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2002 :  08:49:20  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Known as Toca Race Driver in Europe this game has been at the top of the Australian charts for 3 weeks. Does anyone have anything to say about the game? The review will be up soon.

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2002 :  09:52:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey make sure this is one of the games you send chrisg, that way I can kick his holden loving arse with my Fords!

It's a great game, but will any racing game ever look better than GT3?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Let me hear you make decisions,
Without your television.
- Rammstein
Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2002 :  15:39:32  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Chrisg ain't so lucky. Yar GT3 still sets the benchmark for graphics in a car racing game, although Burnout 2 looks pretty good. Less detail on teh cars, but the number of cars on the roads is impressive. I was hoping to get the review of V8 up this arvo.. But time is running short.. so probably tomorrow (Grand Final day - perhaps not) so maybe Sunday..

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

deadagain
Average Member

56 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2002 :  13:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just started getting back into GT3: A-spec again, so I don't think I'll be picking V8 anytime soon, if ever. Bit disappointing that they couldn't make it look as nice as GT3, but then again there are probably more cars on screen, etc.

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2002 :  17:49:17  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes more cars on-screen and visible damage to the cars in V8 which is nice to see.. But all is not rosy. Check out the review which is up now.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

Rockwallaby

Australia
22 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2002 :  11:47:15  Show Profile  Visit Rockwallaby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I rented this game, and it was ****.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!

--------------------------
If only your fat mum could reach the keyboard...
Go to Top of Page

Yeeg-Ptark

Australia
48 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2002 :  20:08:36  Show Profile  Visit Yeeg-Ptark's Homepage  Send Yeeg-Ptark an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Not a bad game from what I have seen (housemate owns it). Great sound and fairly realistic handling and racing AI. Has anyone got any coded to share? I read that there was something random about the codes so they couldn't be shared?

The 8 BALL has spoken.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07