Cricket games
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sjfilms
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  14:04:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does any body knoow when the new cricket game is coming out.I got cricket 2002 but its not that as fun as shane warne 99 cricket is.I am hopin that it is going to be a world cup game.

Edited by - sjfilms on 08/06/2002 14:08:02

agwager
Average Member

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  18:37:45  Show Profile  Send agwager an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah I dunno bout that one. Cricket 2002 for me wasn't that bad, maybe a little easy but Shane Warne Cricket was pretty impressive considering it's age. Hopefully the next cricket game can be developed here in oz and by a bigger team of developers. I wouldn't mind becoming a tester and pointing out all the faults of the game b4 release cos that was one area cricket2002 seriously lacked.
Go to Top of Page

sjfilms
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  20:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So agwager wats ur highest score in Cricket 2002.Mine is all out for 794 in a test match in one innings with india

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  21:54:31  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well I can say that EA aren't confirming a sequel to Cricket 2002 at this stage. But an interesting side note would be that they have said to me they didn't give their Rugby game a year in the title as it was a one off game. Can we therefor assume then that EA are planning more cricket games due to the 2002 title? I hope so. I have been continually bugging EA about this so as soon as I find out I'll let you all know.

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net

Edited by - Phantom on 08/06/2002 21:56:18
Go to Top of Page

agwager
Average Member

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2002 :  15:59:02  Show Profile  Send agwager an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Cool

Well sjfilms you've got me covered easily. I only had cricket2002 for a week as I had it on loan from somebody who found it too difficult but I just did enough to unlock everything and gave the game back. But yeah my highest score would have been about 380 or something but I would love to play u some time head to head?
Go to Top of Page

sjfilms
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2002 :  14:09:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes playing u agwager.I bet i would kick ur ass

Go to Top of Page

agwager
Average Member

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2002 :  15:53:17  Show Profile  Send agwager an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Haha, yes I look forward to the challenge mate. Just a word of warning to you though. I have NEVER lost a computer game of cricket to any other person. That ranges all the way back to the Classic Ian Bothams Cricket to cricket2002. This is against a wide variety of opponents from the local blind school (I don't go easy on anybody) to the Phantom himself. (well not really but that did sound impressive) Alright dude, just name a time and place and I'll be there? I'm from Perth if you already didn't know.
Go to Top of Page

sjfilms
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  11:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry agwager i live in sydney so cant play u.

Go to Top of Page

agwager
Average Member

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2002 :  23:14:55  Show Profile  Send agwager an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I can't wait for Internet Cricket via consoles. It's gonna rock when it happens. I don't think this set of consoles can deliver well when it comes to (fast) net gaming - (expecially in australia) but the next lot are gonna be huge. PS3 here we come, haha!! And dude if you move to Mongolia I'll still be able to wip your butt in cricket2004. ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2002 :  20:27:20  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well I can't really say too much just yet, but I might suggest that you keep a little spare cash around Christmas time this year, especially if this topic interests you. ;)

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

agwager
Average Member

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2002 :  16:17:52  Show Profile  Send agwager an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
C'mon pls tell, pls tell!!
I love a good rumour Dave, how much $?
Go to Top of Page

neonoone

Australia
237 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2002 :  11:58:04  Show Profile  Send neonoone an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck if dave will tell you anything!!! You'll be waiting for years to find out, from him that is... Just go to some article sites and read the rumours!!!

Sex, Cheese and ROCK AND ROLL
Matthew
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2002 :  13:32:36  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I'm really surprised at this - firstly that EA are making online sports games by the end of the year for oz, and secondly, it's gonna be a cricket game! (well, that's assuming that EA are making it, but I can't see any other companies going the nine yards and making a cricket game WITH online play). Can you give us an advance warning as to when we'll be hearing more about this...?

g

Linux. Because rebooting is for adding new hardware
Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2002 :  11:22:39  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well I wouldn't be waiting for online gameplay that will not be in all EA Sports titles, and there may not even be online gaming here in Australia this year. Even Ozisoft doubt the inclusion of online gameplay here for Timesplitters 2, and EA are the same for Madden 2003, both of which are due in September.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2002 :  16:22:49  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Would I be right in assuming then that there's a fair possibility that these games are gonna get online play in the states, but not here?! That's seriously ****ed up if that's the case... >:(

(...messiah here I come...>:)

g

Go to Top of Page

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2002 :  21:32:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah ha ha,

Now all PS2 owners can experience what every DC gamer went though 2 years ago. You'd think that people would learn that Online and Australia jus does not mix.

Personally i blame telstra!

Oh and Chris, are you even going to play online?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Let me hear you make decisions,
Without your television.
- Rammstein
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2002 :  09:31:52  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Oh and Chris, are you even going to play online?

Well, it's one of those things where I normally wouldn't, but wouldn't mind being able to - kinda like tony3, where the online possibility's there, but I'm just missing the whole USB modem thing. I don't see the point of some monkeys saying 'ooohh... PAL doesn't have broadband widespread enough yet, so we'll just cut it out of the game completely, so they can't play it online later on down the track', and then have a functional part of the game removed. Why not just leave it in there, and if it don't work, then leave it at that. Granted, at the moment, I probably wouldn't play online, but if more games came out with the possibility (and sony finally released their modem/network adapter), then I'd snap it up and use it. The market's gonna get nowhere if all these companies are going 'hey, noone else has online games in PAL territories, so we're not going to either'. It takes one to start the ball rolling, and then should go from there (good on ya tony).

(makes me want to go grab a usb modem for tony3 now... pity about the whole exam thing though...)

g

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2002 :  09:28:47  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There was an interesting quote from Miyamoto in the April issue of Edge that if Nintendo develop games for broadband in Europe they can only achieve 20% penetration in Europe by 2005. as they said "why aim for 20% of the market when you can aim for 100% with offline games"
It has some truth to it.. And I do worry that if everyone makes online games those who don't have the money (I mean about $AU80 a month in Australia) or the patience may look elsewhere if there is few offline games.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

agwager
Average Member

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2002 :  14:09:29  Show Profile  Send agwager an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like I should move to the US or Japan. That sounds like a pretty good idea but they don't get cricket games so it seems pointless trying to get online cricket happening soon. This is why i believe this generation of consoles won't be nearly as effective as the next cos broadband will be more widespread in 5-8 years time (2007-2010). What are the estimated figures for this date as this stat would increase exponentially for sure??
Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2002 :  21:37:34  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Probably not if Telstra has anything to do with it!!
But in Europe as Miyamoto said they are expecting only 20% by 2005, and Australia is behind that. I think they are hoping for 2 million homes by 2005 or something.. out of the 8-9 million odd here. so about 20% as well.. Not a lot really. Thats really limiting your audience.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

duffarama

Australia
103 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2003 :  18:36:53  Show Profile  Visit duffarama's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder if they are putting Cricket 2004 on XBOX 'Live'

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07