Playstation 2
 FIFA 2002 World Cup
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2002 :  17:28:59  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well with the tournament about to kick off in Japan and Korea Electronic Arts have released the official game. It's pretty impressive so soccer fans can be happy. Here's the place to talk about the game.

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2002 :  10:04:05  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
What's the best soccer game on the ps2 to date? All the ones that are coming out at the moment don't seem to have the big(ish) wow factor that new ea ones had a year or two ago (fifa 98,99 I remember...). Currently from what I've read PES seems like the way to go. Can anyone help me out...?

g

Linux. Because rebooting is for adding new hardware
Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2002 :  14:23:15  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It really depends on what you like.. The ISS games are the best simulation of the sport by far, but the EA titles have a little more arcade style gameplay. DOn't forget Sony's This Is Football 2002 (2003 is due later this year) which is pretty neat. Also if you want something a little more extreme have a look at Red Card.. Midway's latest game can be fun.. It's a tough choice but it really comes down to your style. Personally I would go for the Simulation of ISS2 which came out last week.. but then FIFA 2002 and FIFA WC are also very good. It'sa tough choice.. Oh and I just found out hors ago that FIFA 2003 is due in November..

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

woo
Starting Member

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2002 :  14:16:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FIFA has had poor gameplay since they tweaked and screwed the control system after FIFA98. If you like a very basic and not very realistic control system, but the best presentation, then the FIFA series is your best bet.

If you want a "real" footy (sorry Soccer lol) simulation/arcade game, then personally my favourite is ISS2, though many rate Pro Evolution Soccer as the best of the lot. Not quite the graphical phenomenom that is the FIFA series, but the better gameplay and higher replay value. You won't win either of these 10-0 by halftime on the hardest level ;) As for This Is Football 2002, give it a miss and I've not played Red Card yet, but the whole concept sounds interesting..

Hope this helps.

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2002 :  14:31:59  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Woo, you do realise that in the last couple of FIFA games they have changed teh gameplay to a more simulation style so you can now pass into space etc. It's no where near as Arcadey...

And why didn't you like TIF 2002? I thought it was rather good, especially as a newish soccer series.

If you don't like arcade styled soccer games then steer clear of Red Card, but it's had me hooked for about the last 5 days every night with some mates around.

As I said though it really comes done to what type of game you prefer.
Sim - ISS/Pro Evolution
Arcade/Sim - FIFA/TIF2002
Arcade - Red card
All are quite enjoyable games though..

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  10:09:59  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Given the announcement of PES2, it's a long way off, but I might wait for it... I've never played the pes series (always been bit of a fifa guy...), but given what I've heard about the first ps2 one, and the ign.com import review of winning eleven 6, I think it might be worth the wait.

g

Linux. Because rebooting is for adding new hardware
Go to Top of Page

duffarama

Australia
103 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2003 :  18:39:26  Show Profile  Visit duffarama's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fifa 2000 on PC was and still is awesome. I wonder how Fifa 2004 will shape up.

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2003 :  10:45:00  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
At this stage FIFA 2004 is shaping up very nicely indeed. It may not have the playability of Konami's title but FIFA has the added advantage of online gameplay this year. That will certainly be something to look forward to.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07