Playstation 2
 Metal Gear Solid 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2002 :  14:19:51  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You know we've had topics about the MGS2 demo, the MGS2 Demo hidden bits, the Delay of MGS2 until 2002, but no topic about the released game. Well here it is.. The game will be out on Tuesday and I can say that I've had an absolute ball playing it. It is all that it's hyped to be and then some. Expect the review to be up in the next day or so and this is the place for comments. Well..

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net

Original

15 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2002 :  17:33:36  Show Profile  Send Original an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all

I'm going to have to correct Phantom here, not that the game is crap or anything but its already out! I picked up my copy today at EB. I know KMart, Target, etc where I live (Melbourne) aren't but every EB I've been to have it in stock for $109.95

Happy gaming all!

Original

Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  12:04:25  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I just got a mail saying that it's out too! Give me an hour and I'll have this game in my hot little hands :) (pity about working tonight though).

g

Linux. Because rebooting is for adding new hardware
Go to Top of Page

bobby

15 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2002 :  13:06:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well after buying this game there is only one word to say "WOW" and i really mean it

Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2002 :  13:24:49  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Man, and I thought the bonus dvd for silent hill 2 was good - the dvd with mgs2 made it worth the wait (well... maybe). I'm yet to see the making of (damn those possible spoilers), but the layout and what's there (including mgs1 trailers and stuff) is friggin excellent.

Oh and the game... don't get me started...

*drools*

g

NOTE: Just don't start the game on the 'don't know the story from the first game' setting - chances are it'll spoil the story for you if you're familiar with the first game...

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2002 :  13:55:39  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
In actual fact although the game shipped to retailers on Friday it was not meant to be on sale until Today (Tuesday). Ozisoft sent faxes to all the stores Australia wide to inform them of the 12th March release. A bit like some stores selling XBox on Saturday, despite the 14th release date.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2002 :  14:27:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some stores sold Xbox's on saturday?!?!? Damn! I still have under a day till I get mine.

Oh yeah and I got MGS2, I have to finish it tonight because of the Xbox tomorrow.. Damn Sony!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Let me hear you make decisions,
Without your television.
- Rammstein
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2002 :  11:30:10  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Have to finish it tonight?...

g

Go to Top of Page

agwager
Average Member

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2002 :  15:35:18  Show Profile  Send agwager an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
This game is oscar material in several aspects. I don't think it would be a bad thing (considering the oscars are this weekend) for them to include video games in a section. With quality "movie-style" games like this one plus Halo and FFX I'm sure this will happen in the not so distant future. Any thoughts??

Big AL
Go to Top of Page

General Dugalle

Australia
41 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2002 :  19:00:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah that would be cool, i agree.

Xbox, PS2 GOTTA OWN 'em'ALL C-O-NSOLES
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2002 :  15:57:14  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
That's not a bad idea actually...

g

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2002 :  12:16:46  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Video Games are unlikely to be a part of the oscars for one major reason, they aren't made by movie makers and they aren't likely to share their night of nights with anyone. Well after having played through the game for a second time now I'm starting to wish there was a little more game and a lot less codec and to a lesser extent cut scenes.. BTW ahs anyone played with the awesome movie viewer to change the characters in the cut scenes.. hehe great fun.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

agwager
Average Member

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2002 :  19:07:03  Show Profile  Send agwager an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Are u saying that Hideo Kojima isn't a movie maker. Sure he doesn't make movies but hey, he makes a hell of a good video game movie. Animation have there part in the night of nights plus these games could border on a lot of the other awards. Not just best video game. Sound is a key area where these games certainly compete. NO longer are game designers going for crappy sound people, they are recruiting movie sound technicians. When game designers start recruiting movie directors then we have an awesome prospect. Oscars he we come. I wouldn't count off the prospect too early, heehee.
And yes the movie viewer is awesome. I luv the office workers, haha!

Big AL

J&D Rocks!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07