Playstation 2
 Half Life
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phantom

Australia
1950 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2001 :  20:18:19  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
Well Half Life is finally out now and it's a bloody good port from the PC with an excellent new Decay Mode. This is one game that non-PC owners should consider purchasing. Expect the review soon.

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2001 :  16:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'll be getting it hopefully before christmas. I'm looking forward to it. I'm not much of a PC gamer (not that my PC isn't up to it, you understand) so I'll be good to play through it all (having only played some of it on PC).

----------------------------------------------------------------
Let me hear you make decisions,
Without your television.
- Rammstein
Go to Top of Page

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2001 :  13:30:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I can say is:

Pure FPS bliss.

Sure it's 4 years old, but any PS2 owning action fan will miss out big time if they pass this up.

The Gameplay is amazing and the tension.... there is nothing like using crates for cover as you approach an enemy mounted gun. Bullets flying around you, ruturning cover fire, then final getting out of the guns line of fire and throwing a grenade into the opening around the gun.

Sweet.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Let me hear you make decisions,
Without your television.
- Rammstein
Go to Top of Page

deadagain
Average Member

56 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2004 :  02:15:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The review on this site claims that Half-Life for PS2 has a 60Hz mode but I can't find it anywhere on mine. Did they drop the option after all?

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1950 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2004 :  20:01:19  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No you are correct.. There is no 60Hz mode in Half-Life on PS2... I have amended the review. Not sure how that one slipped past. Thanks

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

deadagain
Average Member

56 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2004 :  10:48:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to be pedantic, but you might want to take out this line from the review as well:

The PAL version of Half-Life includes a 60Hz mode and the frame rate is rock steady

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1950 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2004 :  13:00:01  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

Don't really know what happened there.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2004 :  18:36:14  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I blame the monkeys... those eeevil eevil monkeys . The exterminator should be around sometime next week...

G

Is it the shoes?

www.futuregamez.net

Go to Top of Page

BGibbons

Australia
33 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  16:30:13  Show Profile  Visit BGibbons's Homepage  Send BGibbons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Half-Life rules so much, I'm so glad I bought it. And Half-Life 2 comes out in under a week, I'm so pumped up. It's just a shame my PC won't run it.

I'll need to wait for the PS3 version then, I suppose?

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.86 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07