Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2001 :  11:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I've played the full version. They have it set up in Sony Central.

It's pretty bloody awsome, but I know there's really nothing much I can say that you haven't already expected or heard before.

True though this may be, there are some things you may not have heard about. The interface (I only saw what was probably Arcade mode) was the best I've seen in a GT game. Everything was clear, obvious and attractive. You can get rid of all of that on-screen crap during the replays (one of the biggest problems in GT2), and they look as awsome as you'd expect. Those close-up shots of the wheels during the replays look spectacular this time!

I only played on a rally track, and although the physics and gameplay are now as good as the graphics, there's not much of a sense of speed. Still, I'm being thoroughly picky here. It really is a vast improvement over number 2.

________ . .________ . ________
________I .I________ . ________I
I . . . . . . . .________I I________

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2001 :  13:27:56  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
T-minus IT'S HERE NOW DAMMIT! and counting....

You wouldn't be so rude as to join me playing this at phoenix's party on friday would you? Fancy that bastard, having a party on that special day...

And that's Sony Central in Adelaide, for those not in the know. Is it up and running interstate anywhere?

g

Linux. Because rebooting is for adding new hardware

Edited by - chrisg on 10/08/2001 09:29:40
Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2001 :  14:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I say we both bring our copies and a link cable and have a 2-player game. I'm sure the bastard won't mind. We'll leave the grunt work up to him. Now that's a Birthday...for the guests, anyway.

Go to Top of Page

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2001 :  15:22:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, you can do anything you want on the Tenth, sure the rest of us will be having a great time while you two confirm your geek/anti-social status.

But don't forget that I'll be using the big stereo for sound, the TV for display.... so unless you guys are bringing your own TV's and PS2's, looks like it's no GT3 for you!

I'll just wait until saturday morning to play mine and see if GT3 does anything for a hangover!

----------------------------------------------------------------
In Tyler we trust.
Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2001 :  15:57:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm...Phoenix...GT3...Phoenix...GT3... ... ..........

Well, ...hmm... Okay, well... ... Yeah, well we're coming, but we're not getting you anything. Meanie!

Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2001 :  17:25:08  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I can bring my ps2 and tv - how 'bout you cbache?

g

Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2001 :  11:12:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, but Nasy Boy doesn't get to play.

Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2001 :  19:23:18  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet. I played it earlier today - gt mode. From what i saw, it's more colourful, sharper and just sexier than I had remembered. And although I'm a holden man, the ford tickford did look very curvy and nice - Australia's got their own 'manufacturer' in the game now. No hsvs though :(. My only dislike was the menus - they're not as nice in gt mode as they are in arcade. Well, that's just my early impressions!

I'll report back with more after tomorrow's session!

g

Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2001 :  23:52:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Arcade menu was awsome. Describe the GT menu. How was it compared to the previous GTs (couldn't be worse than number 2!).

Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2001 :  10:54:46  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you've got the 'city' screen. Instead of all the indicidual north/south/east/west cities, you've got your home, car dealer, auto shop, and some other stuff. Looks pretty similar to gt2.

Inside the dealer screen, you're shown a vertical list of countries, with a little flag of each. The usual japan, australia, usa, the whole deal. Then once you select a country, you pick the manufacturer in a small-icon horizontal list. The manufacturer screen then displays little icons of all the cars that are offered (no tune-up icon (that i could see) or second-hand or special cars). This includes the special cars for that company. It's good because as you move left and right between the cars they display on the screen (ie no navigating back and forth).
The problems with this? I didn't see any animated backgrounds (like in arcade mode). The pictures were nice and sharp, but I didn't see much text info on screen (like the little text description of the manufacturers a la gt1 and gt2). The icons were perhaps a tad too small, and I thought the country select screen was a little simplistic.

The auto shop gives you the car wash, oil change, and wheel shop. Me being me, I went straight for the wheel shop to get mags for my new mx5. Similarly to the manufacturers screens, you gotta scroll left and right between the mag dealers to select them. Then you get a side-on view of your car (no 3d rotating, or panning), and the mags currently selected on the list (which again is a horizontal bunch of icons). It's cool cos you can see the brake pads and shocks when you're switching between mags (so you know which bits are gonna be glowing during the race ;) ). It was nice, but I'm not sure if the mags that you see on the car in the wheel shop are exactly the same as in-game - I think they might just be images, not 3d objects).

Anyway, I'm not bitching about the menus, they just seem a little 'simple' compared to the nice ones in arcade mode with the video in the background and everything. It was only my first glimpse also, so I'll fill you in on the nitty gritty once ive had another go (or three :) ).

Just a final thing to note - you've got access to the entire options menu before each race - so you can set up music, controls, sound levels and the whole shebang. Thought that was a nice little touch :D.

The timer's ticking...

g

Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2001 :  10:20:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers for that.

Sounds like they've fixed every little thing I ever bitched about GT2 (especially that dumbass region selection). Nice to know that the game I've been waiting for for so long won't have any of those little problems that could ruin it, like GT2. I really hate bitching about game's I've been holding my breath for.

Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2001 :  20:15:03  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Updated GT3 impressions-

I think I've changed my mind over the un-animated menu system in the gt mode. Although it isn't as flashy as the arcade mode, it is still very functional and probably easier to navigate than previous gts. Also, the colours are very bright and vibrant, and are a nice contrast to the somewhat dull tones of yellow orange and black found in the first 2s' menus.

Fortunately i was able to witness some 2-player action (with the help of my able assistant phoenix), and gave the swiss alps stage a go. Menus, once again are very easily navigated.
One problem I found with the 2 player games of gt was the car select screen. You know, the one where you gotta byo magnifying glass... Anyway, the cars are selected from a little bunch of icons, and your currently selected car is displayed on your side of the screen - a vertical split so to speak, without the splitmark. The track choice screen is animated, giving you a nice preview of the track, and once again, all the available ones are little icons at the base of the screen. NOTE: To those who played the demo(s) that went about, the final build's track select screen is different to that in the demo - you gotta see it to understand what i'm on about. And it is very bright and colourful :).
The actual racing was very fluid and exactly the same as the 1-player mode. With the huge clouds of dust being kicked up, there isn't even a hint of slowdown - even with 2 rear-vision mirrors in the action! It handles better than the rallying in number 2, and the dust is a really big improvement. Phoenix, being the Learner-driver of driving games, in his Evo 5 couldn't help but lag behind my nice Peugeot. Even when he was 10-15 seconds behind my car, there was still the haze of dust that i had kicked up moments before. The dust is nothing like what you've seen in number 2 - you gotta see it to beleive how good it really looks - internet movies do this effect no justice at all. Unfortunately, the tight-asses in the SonyCentral store hadn't turned the volume up on the monitor (and were perhaps on the verge of kicking us out...), so I am still unable to report on the standard of the game's sound.

And one final thing too - with a convertible car, you can see INSIDE it when you use the new oil-change feature in gt-mode. The feature itself is pretty crappy, but you get an isometric view of the car and can see the seats and roughly half of the center console (who said these cars weren't detailled...). Well, that was what we saw with the mx-5 at least.

More updates before the big day? Probably not, but feel free to ask any questions before the big day arrives :) (I'm still updating the counter ;) ).

g

Go to Top of Page

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2001 :  14:41:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay chris firslty it was the prototype EVO VII, which has looser handling than your little peugeot.
Secondly it was only 7 seconds behind and that only happened because (due to jaggies making the distance not very sharp and no navigator, like my beloved Sega Rally) I though a left corner was right. So after spinning my car out, I thought I did okay.

Also, considering I have spent all of what, 5 hours playing the first GT's compared to you 50 zillion.

But, yeah, can't wait till friday, when I buy it before you!!!!!
Oh and yes cbache, i know you are getting thursday night, but you know my reasons why I can't with you.

In Tyler we trust.
Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2001 :  16:13:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's cool. Matt's comming. I've got Friday off, so between early Thursday morning and late Friday night there won't be any sleep to be had.

Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2001 :  18:24:09  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Evo v, evo vii, they've both got more grunt than the peugeot. The jaggies? That aint no excuse - if your screen was jaggied so was mine! Wait till the linkup mode till you start blaming the screen for your loss...

And the quote of the day "Are you using the brakes at all" - you know you said it .

The gt master returns to his solitude...

g

Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2001 :  13:26:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I take it you've all been playing madly since Friday, and that's why I'M THE FIRST TO COME BACK HERE WITH THE FULL VERSION!!

Well, I've got the first 2 licences and a Rally license, and I've got to tell you, get the Rally License! It's the only way you'll get that kick-ass wet SS Route 5. It it the most realistic looking track in the game. The wet road really adds to the realism, and yes, it handles nicely. It feels similar to racing on gravel, not ice; and you only need road tyre, not rally or wets.

I've got a fully worked MR2 GT-S, and let me tell you, it's well worth getting, especially for the price (only 27, 000)! The only car that'll give you any trouble in the beginning is around 43, 000.

Well, better get back to it. I'm sure you'd rather be playing than listen to the likes of me raving on.

Oh, yeah. Apologies to all who I may or may not have offended Friday night. Did you like Jurassic Park, Phoenix?

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2001 :  13:39:35  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well I've been playing this pretty solid for the last week and what a game it is.. If you haven't got it what are you doing? But damn racing in the wet is pretty damn hard, especially withougt some good tyres.

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2001 :  14:34:23  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Mmmmm....

I'd rather be playing the game than posting, so I guess I'll leave it at that. Gotta say that the rally mode is out of this world. And as for my complaints with the menus, well, I take them all back. This game is the ultimate

g

Go to Top of Page

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2001 :  14:58:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I was the first person to buy it from Myer in the city (Adelaide) friday morning and I have to say this game is awsome. I haven't played the first 2 much so it's go to experiece GT for the first time through the PS2.

Hmm, well what else can I say, except what was everyone's first car?
Mine was the Mazda MX-5.

In Tyler we trust.
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2001 :  17:35:49  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
The Gt Treuno Apex, the red one. Got nice red mags and everything. Only bummer is that the first car I won was the same one but white! Haven't played the gt mode much though - just finished arcade mode on hard though. You get two bonus items (but I won't spoil that for anyone yet...)

g

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2001 :  09:23:35  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heheh mine was the VW Beetle. ehhe but I've souped it up from 114BHP to 176BHP so it's pretty quick now.. I'm just about to do another upgrade to take it over 200BHP...
So who has completed all the licenses yet? I've go S class to go.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2001 :  09:28:26  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I'm trying for all golds in the domestic B class before I get any others (I want the bonus car dammit). I've got all golds except for the skyline test through deep forest (?) which I've got a silver for. .3 of a second is all I'm asking for... What sort of medals have you guys got for your license tests?

g

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2001 :  10:02:04  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I haven't been trying for Gold in the licenses but have got a couple but mainly bronze and silver.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2001 :  10:30:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it just me, or are the licenses getting harder? I've got three licenses and only two silvers.

Considering I've gone through the process twice before, I'm kind of sick of it. I've proven that I can do it twice already, so I think I've earnt the right to go as far as I can on my own steam, and then use an AR2 to stop the timer. The thrill of earning a new license is wearing very thin now.

Go to Top of Page

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2001 :  11:36:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I've got my MX-5 tup to 319 HP, it flys, not I just have to get the handling down pact, it's pretty damn good like on Deep forest or Midfield, put take it on SS-11 (like in the turbo cup) and welcome to the walls!

I've only got my B license, (all bronze) I'll do everything I can with this before moving up.

In Tyler we trust.
Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2001 :  12:49:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You really should get the handling down first. Speed comes later. Work on your car's weight, brakes, tyres, etc. It's no good having a monster car that ploughs straight into every corner, then spins 6 times and takes you five miles in the opposite direction before you realise what's happened.

As the old Subaru motto goes, "Speed is nothing without handling".
Amen.

Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2001 :  13:00:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I played GT3 last night with Phoenix, using the i-Link. Not bad at all. Definitely worth a try now that these days everybody has 2 TVs in their home. Looks like you can't race the car in your garage, and for some reason there's no replay, but don't let that throw you. It's great to race against a mate full screen. It really feels like the good old days of Sega Rally and Daytona when you see that "Waiting for challenger" screen.

Phoenix said that he's heard you can have two systems linked up, with split screen on each one (so that you can have a 4-player game with only 2 systems). Anyone know if this is true?

Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2001 :  13:04:52  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Are you serious cbache? I thought you had a brain with regards to using the ar2?!?! Less than a week into owning gt3 and you're already talking about coding through the licenses?!?! I spose if you're using the same arguments then you could cheat through the rest of the races cos you've already done them 20 times and you're getting bored!

It's not really the thrill of getting a new one, it's the achievement of doing something that you can't do the first time around. And I think the reason why people don't like the license tests is that they drive like a maniac during the races, using the ai cars to get them round the corners. Try a timetrial without touching the walls or dirt and see what sort of times you get compared to the arcade races.

g

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2001 :  13:30:19  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Exactly right. At times ploughing through a race may get you to first place, but you know in your mind it's cheating. That will be my biggest complaint in the review which I am writing now, there is no damage! Wht a disappointment.
If you want a perfect example of having to be careful when dricing do the first secion og the Ia (or Ib) license where you have to do 3 laps of a 60m circle in the wet with a corvette... Damn hard.. well until you learn that speed isn't the key.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2001 :  14:12:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry. Maybe I didn't make myself clea enough on this one. I'M FED UP WITH DOING TESTS! I have already achieved it...twice! The thrill of this gimmick has gone. The main purpose I thought this for was to improve your driving skills, so that when you enter a race, you'll stand a chance because you've learnt a few more tricks. I've learnt them already.

I didn't buy this game to pass license tests I've already screamed at enough. I bought it to race. Therefore, I will gladly race a track I've raced on 20 times before, because that is what interest me, and that is what I paid 87 quid for.

Honestly, Chris. I thought you'd give a more intelligent argument than that.

Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2001 :  10:32:40  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
More intelligent argument?

If you've done it that many times then there should be no problem in doing them once again. It's not like you gotta do a 20 mile race or anything - 90 percent of them (s-class excluded) are just 20-30 second stretches - and if you've finished the first 2 gts then you should have no problem in doing them the first or second time around.

You sound like the type of person that screams into every corner aiming at the ai cars rather than the one that drives like it is a driving simulator. I've finished both gts at above 100% and my racing lines are still improving as a result of the license tests. With new tracks as well, you haven't done all of the license tests - there are still lines you don't know about.

And don't try to tell me you've already mastered tokyo, complex string and cote dzour in the last 6 days either...

g

Go to Top of Page

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2001 :  14:00:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suppose it's time for Phoenix's opinion:

Cheating is bad, mmmmmkay.

Well, just relax enjoy the game, if he cheats, he cheats.

About the upgrading of cars, well, each to their own, because I like a mix of horse power and handling. I'll show you how whll my MX-5 handles around midfield, deep forest next time cbache, because it's not like it's a Cobra or something that handles terrible to start with.

As for the no damage, what type of damage do you want Phantom? Daytona style, just screws up the handling abit, or full normal realistic damage? It certainly would make it alot harder!

Well I guess in GT4 we can only hope for changing weather conditions and damage!

In Tyler we trust.
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2001 :  09:35:00  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Well, each to his own re the cheating, but I really don't see the point of it - it's a long enough game - why reduce it's timespan? You'll lose all legitimacy of your gt talent in my books at least...

As for the damage - has anyone here been in a car crash? Well, even at low (ie <40km/hr) speeds cars get pretty mangled (and written off mind you). Now what speeds are you pulling in gt3? 250, perhaps 300 km/hr? You just gotta nick the kerb at that speed to have your car completely obliterated beyond recognition. I think if people want the absolute real driving simulator, they should go get their license and a car
Perhaps I may be slightly over-critical here, but I do think that slight car damage wouldn't be a bad thing. Try adding a panelbeaters and a repairers to the gt auto shop! Although I may not be a big fan of the ram-head-first-into-the-ai-at-each-hairpin tactics, it sure as hell helps in the early stages of the game (I know I'm guilty).

g

Edited by - chrisg on 17/08/2001 12:42:41
Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2001 :  18:14:55  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
While the damage may have ruined it for some I think there would be more benefit then detriment to the game. And Polyphony could always include an option to turn damage off.. Imagine if you had to spend money to repair a bumper or risk damage in the next race to the engine.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2001 :  09:46:05  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Did that corvette-in-a-wet-circle license test on the weekend, phantom. Showed a mate that on the weekend and he spent more time bumming about getting the back end swinging out (even though you aren't meant to do that) than any other racing.

And also, I got all golds in the domestic B license (after many fruitless bours of swearing and cursing). And for what?!?! A FRIGGING MX-5. I'm fuming - i've already won 3 or four of the damn infernal machines already, and quite frankly I'm pissed off! Oh well, at least I can say I've done it...

g

Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2001 :  17:14:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read back in the days of the original GT that some of the manufacturers had an issue with their cars being bashed up. If that's the case, it'd be pretty crap if some of the cars were getting scrapped, and stared handling like toasters because of it, while another car just ploughs through everyone else without getting a scratch.

Also, collisions would increase the processing power and polygon count, and you can kiss those amazing effects and detailed physics goodbye.

On another note, I finally figured out something they had to sacrifice in order to keep the split screen mode running smoothly: textures. They're about half the resolution, and become a little blurry when you come up close to a wall. And if that's the only thing I can find, then they've done a bloody marvellous job...as if you didn't know already!

Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2001 :  17:26:36  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hey cbache - you missed out what we had to sacrifice once we bought the game - our social lives (well for the next couple of months at least!)

g

Go to Top of Page

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2001 :  17:55:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, you are right cbache, the car manufactures are the ones with the problem about their cars getting smashed up. However, I did read in an interview with Bizarre Creations, and they actually got permission from the car manufactures to use damage in their pesudo-sequel to MSR, Project Gothem on the X-Box. So maybe times are a changing!

In Tyler we trust.
Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2001 :  10:29:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's hoping! Still, I could be wrong, but MSR doesn't have as many manufacturers, does it? Remember that just one "no" will affect the rest. And I'm sure that if they just cut out that troublesome manufacturer, half the gaming population would, out of pure reflex, jump down Polyphony's throat and scream "WHAT HAPPENED TO ...!?" That's the nature of this industry. We really have become quite spoilt little brats, admit it.

Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2001 :  09:29:29  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
What percentage people? I just got to 50.1% and got a car for my efforts

g

Go to Top of Page

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2001 :  23:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I am sitting on 45% at the mo, but more importantly, I have 2 F1 cars. Man, are they good. There speed is about the same as the Escudo, though less acceleration, but their handling is awesome. So now instead of having speed but bouncing oof walls, with the F1 cars you can have speed and skill!

In Tyler we trust.
Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2001 :  08:49:08  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yep I was up around 40% then wiped the save game from the memory card during a cleanout to make room for Onimusha and a couple of others.... back up to about 20% atm.. hehe

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2001 :  09:13:45  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Wiped it for a cleanout?!?! Satanist! Barbarian! Witch-doctor! Of all the games to wipe off my memory card, the gt-series would have to be the last to go - too much effort, pain and suffering has been exerted to just have them deleted .

g

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2001 :  09:52:19  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Needless to say it was a slight error.. I was just button mashing and deleting most games.. ie I had about 20 stored on there.. before i realised it i'd confirmed the delete of GT3.. The quick powering down of the console was to no avail.. oh well.

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2001 :  09:19:54  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
The moral to this story; don't button-mash on the memorycard section of the browser .

One slight haggle against PD though - the gt3 save icons are all alike - no nice animated 3d cars or anything . Maybe next time then...

g

Go to Top of Page

agwager
Average Member

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2001 :  17:35:49  Show Profile  Send agwager an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,
Thats a tough break about the memory card saga hey, but life does go on. I've a newcomer here and up to 20% so go easy on me ok - Is it just me or are the endurance races the way to go, show a little patience and some grit and u come out with the goods and a free car to boot!!
Just a quick note, how do you get a F1 car - Everyone raves about them but i'm just stuck with a Camero Race car at the mo!!

,-_|\
/ \
*_,-._/
v
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2001 :  10:51:16  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the endurance races are one of those things that you love or hate, but they do come up with pleanty of cash and nice cars. Personally, I leave them towards the end of the game, but I might try getting one or two out of the way soon.

As for your camaro race car - that's probably my fave car at the moment (if it's the red/white or red/black race kit one)- it outdrives most other cars that it's up against; just give it the NA tune to bring the hp to abou 950, and it'll go like mad. It should make the endurance races pretty easy I'd think.

And the f1 cars, it's mildly spoiling, butyou receive them for certain endurace races - the allocation is random, so don't be too pissed off if you race for 2 hours, see the outline of it spinning, and then don't get it.

Now up to 64.3%

g

Go to Top of Page

agwager
Average Member

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2001 :  18:22:16  Show Profile  Send agwager an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah my Camero rocks and have got it up to 998hp, and have found most races pretty easy since i picked it up early in the game.
But i was looking at the specs and the TVR Speed12 looks awesome, has anyone got it yet?? How does it handle??

.,-_|\
/ \
*_,-._/
v
Go to Top of Page

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2001 :  17:19:21  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Speed 12: it goes pretty full on, and the paint job for it has to be the best in the game (love those chameleon schemes). If you race all of arcade on hard you can unlock it in the s-class cars, and have a go there. It's pretty heavy, yet damn powerful. To knowledge you can't buy it in gt-mode, but my guess is that you win it after the speed-6 comp in expert.

Oh and just got the s-class license too - only took just under 1.5 hours. Still opting for the ar2 cbache? Phoenix?

g

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2001 :  08:25:39  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sadly, due to having to review other games on the site GT3 is gathering dust... But only until my mates come around on the weekend :)

David Warner
Future Gamez
Go to Top of Page

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2001 :  11:45:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I never said I was going to use the ar2. Jeeze, you are such a punk Chris. Don't you own a Gameshark for the PS1?

Anyways, I'm sitting at almost 60%, I only have two more endurance races to go, finished beginner (haven't finished arcade on hard yet - it's hard to get motivated to do it when you don't get any money for your races!) and about 3 quarters through amuture. But the best news is that in 3 days I'll be on holidays so, GT3 here we come!

In Tyler we trust.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07