Playstation 2
 Red Faction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2001 :  22:06:53  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, I've just put up the review of this stunning game. Does anyone have it and do you agree with the review...?

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net

souperman
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2001 :  12:46:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have it and i'm only about a quarter of the way through so i guess i shouldn't be too criticval yet, but at this stage i think it's over-rated.

your review did point out most of the problem areas but i think 91% was generous in spite of some of these problems.

i really like FPS games, especially with good stories but i'm finding Red Faction pretty boring. I'm a miner killin bad guys oooo. From a distance it's hard to tell the bad guys from the goodies.

The load times are very annoying and the graphics are pretty ordinary but i can live with these probs.

i haven't checked out multiplayer yet but it does appear that you can't play the multiplayer games as a single player.

I still think it's a pretty good game, but not as great as whats being made out

Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2001 :  23:47:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Note*: Read this post at your own risk.

Don't want to ruin it for anyone, but it may be benificial to finish the game on "impossible", if you know what I mean (I don't mean that it's easy). I'm not sure. Didn't get any extras for finishing it. And nother thing to watch out for: Expect the game itself to be the storyline. Don't hang out for a big ending. On "easy", anyway. Once again, I don't know.

Now, I need to get an invincible cheat...("impossible" is more than IMPOSSIBLE!!!).

Still, this game is probably worth every point Phantom gave it, and probably a few more. Definitely one of the best FPS EVER! Number 2 will kick ass, if they take a few pointers from Halo (Halo seems to borrow from RF, anyway).

________ . .________ . ________
________I .I________ . ________I
I . . . . . . . .________I I________
Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2001 :  13:44:03  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I completed the game on the medium dificculty level a couple of weeks ago but there was no extras.. was there meant to be? Yes, the ending was a little undwhelming but the whole game overall was superb. I would probably have it in my top 3 games on the system to date..

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net
Go to Top of Page

neonoone

Australia
237 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2001 :  08:29:05  Show Profile  Send neonoone an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I played a demo the other week, and must i say it was awsome. and i dont have a ps2...
Friends.
Although it was only a small demo, it was really good.

___

Sex, Cheese and ROCK AND ROLL
Matthew
Go to Top of Page

MicVepemini
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  01:06:54  Show Profile  Visit MicVepemini's Homepage  Send MicVepemini an AOL message  Send MicVepemini an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Will the new game be available on PS2?
Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2009 :  15:46:22  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
By new game I think you mean Red Faction Guerilla, the answer is no, next-gen only.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07