New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2001 :  12:49:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anyone here looking forward to this game as much as I am?

Granted it is a Zelda rip off, but damnit I love Zelda, and I want more and if that means I have to play a clone, then so be it!

I just watched a movie of it on a PSW DVD, and boy does it look good. It looks like Zelda 64 (though it didn't seem as platformy) on the PS2.

Though, it's not coming out here for a little bit is it? But, hey, I'm willing to wait. The build your city feature looks interesting adding a little extra longativity to the game!

----------------------------------------------------------------
"I was thinking about 'No TV and Beer make Homer' something something."
"'Go crazy'?"
"Don't mind if I do! Arghh, blurbshiba, bluuu"

chrisg
Advanced Member

Australia
836 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2001 :  00:18:26  Show Profile  Send chrisg an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah. Well, i was...

I've kindof lost interest in it. Sure, it looks good, but there's just so much other stuff out at the moment (or coming in the near future). Spose maybe if I finished ffix sometime soon I may have an urge to go out and buy an rpg :).

As for the build-a-city thing - it'd be good, but it's a pity that you can't trade cities with someone else or something. Making a city is one thing, but letting someone else explore it would be another. I'm interested as to how the 'building' is implemented. I've got a feeling it will be somewhat similar to the timesplitter level building (but on a single storey). Kind of like lots of jigsaw pieces, which although seems good at first, gets rather limiting later on. I guess time will tell though.

g

'the sharpness is cutting my eyes'
oh, and i'm not plugging this site:
[url]http://www.futuregamez.net[/url]
Go to Top of Page

Phoenix Eternal Ember
Advanced Member

Australia
455 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2001 :  11:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, for those who care, (which by the looks of this topic, not many!) Dark Cloud is set to be released sometime in August.

----------------------------------------------------------------
"I was thinking about 'No TV and Beer make Homer' something something."
"'Go crazy'?"
"Don't mind if I do! Arghh, blurbshiba, bluuu"
Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2001 :  22:56:16  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well I've finally put the review of this RPG on the site and it's pretty impressive. It takes a little getting into but when you do there's no turning back. This is one game that all RPG fans should consider. Any comments?

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net
Go to Top of Page

olaft
Starting Member

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2001 :  11:09:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've almost finished this game and I can tell you that aside from the lock on feature, this game is nothing like Zelda.

That is not a bad thing at all, because it has alot of interesting ideas in it. The random dungeons are a bit like Phantasy Star Online in that their basic structure remains the same, but items & enemies change.

The weapon side of things is like a simplified Vagrant Story, and the town building is very compelling and makes you want to head back to the dungeons to find more peices.

One of the best things about the game, something I often wish for but usually don't get, is that after you have finished the story part of the game & defeated the final boss & watched the credits, a new area opens up with harder enemies, so you can go on building up your weapons (something I found quite addictive)

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable game.

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2001 :  08:35:01  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yar I should have clarified that a bit.. (C'mon I was writing the review at 2am...) THe lock on feature is definitely taken from Zelda.. And the hero even has a slight resemblance to Link. I have to say taht I really enjoyed the town building.. I wish more games had it as Actraiser was one of my all time fave SNES games and it's taken too long to see another similary styled.

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07