Playstation 2
 EA Sports Rugby
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phantom

Australia
1951 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2001 :  16:53:39  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm just about to put up a review of EA Sports Rugby. Have you been looking forward to this title. Do you already have it? This is the place to talk about it.

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net

tubenet

46 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2001 :  09:05:41  Show Profile  Visit tubenet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah I have played my friend's PS2 version. It is a direct port from the PC version and has only a few refinements such as the graphics, scrums, kicking etc etc so that it is easier for console users. There is one feature on the that is really frustrating, and that is the rucks after a player gets tackled. In fact they aren't even rucks, they immediately turn into scrums basically, and almost always the computer players will win the ball. Very frustrating indeed. Also, how come a little dork like Gregan can tackle Jonah Lomu on his own??? That is damn near impossible! Jonah should be invincible like on Jonah Lomu Rugby on the PSX, which was released a few years ago. Some other frustrating features are still evident on the PS2 version that were seen in the PC version. For instance, when a player is 3m away from the try line, it is impossible to prevent a try from being scored. Also, not only can the fly and scrum halves kick the ball, so can the locks, props and loose forwards!

Other than those frustrating features, this game is great if you're a rugby fan like me, but other gamers who don't like the sport or are too hooked up in their FIFA games then they should beware! But I like it cos I can kick the Wallabies' ass every day!!! Take that George Gregan you little bugger-with-a-bowling-ball-for-a-head!!!

[tube.net] bodyboarding
GET PITTED!!!
http://tube-net.virtualave.net/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07