Playstation 2
 Call of Duty: Finest Hour
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phantom

Australia
1950 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  15:21:27  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is this game Activision's finest hour on PS2. Well not quite but I tell you what. It's a hell of a World War II FPS.. The review will be online soon but here's the place to talk about this impressive shooter.

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  01:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I`m going to be the one to bite the bullet and come off as being sick & sadistic here, but somebody has to ask it. Is there any blood in this game? I saw no flying limbs, but the screens of the shelled flying soldiers looked quite the part. Are they preset animations, or does it use a ragdoll system (with all those characters on screen at once, you couldn`t expect it)?

________ . .________ . ________
________I .I________ . ________I
I . . . . . . . .________I I________
Go to Top of Page

deadagain
Average Member

56 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  08:44:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any reason at all for someone to buy this game when they have the PC game and expansion?

Go to Top of Page

Ghost

Australia
102 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  11:51:30  Show Profile  Visit Ghost's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think i might get this game as i have seen it for bargain prices. If you own it on pc there would be no need for the PS2 version i reckon.

Go to Top of Page

Phantom

Australia
1950 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  20:29:46  Show Profile  Visit Phantom's Homepage  Click to see Phantom's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The PC version is much better.. not consolized so to speak.. As for blood.. ermm nope.. not from memory, there are a wide variety but pre defined death animations too.. Much better then most games tho still...

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net
Go to Top of Page

cbache

Australia
207 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  23:14:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The shots in the review looked absolutely stunning. I wanna get my hands on it based solely on the Stalingrad shot! Well, maybe not solely, but the idea of several completely different parts of the war sounds really out of the square and worth investigating. I`m still a big fan of storyline, but this sounds like an intriguing alternative.

________ . .________ . ________
________I .I________ . ________I
I . . . . . . . .________I I________
Go to Top of Page

Ghost

Australia
102 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  08:48:51  Show Profile  Visit Ghost's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The screenshots do look superb. I will get either this or Brothers In Arms. It is good to see the ps2 getting some good shooters of late, this, Brothers In Arms, Project Snowblind and with Cold Winter and Area 51 on the way, it should be a great year for shooters.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07