FutureGamez.net Forum
FutureGamez.net Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Sony Console Talk
 Playstation 2
 Anyone played SSX3 yet?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is ON
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Corey Posted - 28/10/2003 : 09:56:08
I really want to buy this game but I want to know how the framerate is. How does it compare to the previous games in the series? Better worse same?

Thanks.

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
flaming291 Posted - 01/12/2006 : 18:33:21
HEY your right the peaks are good and the music is solid
flaming291 Posted - 01/12/2006 : 18:31:48
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Corey[/i]
[br]I really want to buy this game but I want to know how the framerate is. How does it compare to the previous games in the series? Better worse same?

Thanks.

hey um are you asking its AMMAAZZZINGGG SOOO AMMAZZZINNNG GGEEETT IITTTT NOOOW
flaming291 Posted - 01/12/2006 : 18:25:08
hey whos got the flaming board and head. and um the cheat codes are not working can someone tell me any??? ill be grateful
flaming291 Posted - 01/12/2006 : 18:22:59
Hey im on peak 3 and let me telll you it amazing so much all of you need to get there
agwager Posted - 01/12/2003 : 23:10:14
Even though I owned "Tricky" and unlocked everything possible (took foreva) this game blew my mind. The 3 peaks idea is fantanstic and to intermingle them in the all peak race (which takes about 24 min if your good) is a pleasure to ride. Also I forgot how to do tricks as I have been playing Tony Hawk but it didn't take me long to re-adjust and remember what I had to do in Tricky. Bring on SSX4!!
Phantom Posted - 23/11/2003 : 21:40:02
Well the review will be up in a day or so, but yep, this game is stunning. The online gameplay can be a little laggy to some people overseas, but connect to Australian gamers and it's top stuff.. I didn't think they could improve so much on SSX Tricky as that game was stunning, but they have.

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net
dirtydave316 Posted - 03/11/2003 : 18:08:52
i just bought this game today and god damn what a game. The last snowboarding game i played was coolboarders on the original playstation and there is a huge difference in quality, as you would expect. Ive only unlocked the second peak yet and already i'm addicted to this game. This is a must buy game for anyone wether a fan of the series or not. Anyway i've gota go now and play it some more.

chrisg Posted - 03/11/2003 : 11:38:44
The only major gripe that I have so far with the game is the US-based servers; so far I've only been able to play against people in the US and Europe, and the lag is too slow to play with... :( Hopefully EA will fix this up sometime soon with local (Australian) servers, because I really want to get stuck into playing this game online...

g

Is it the shoes?

www.futuregamez.net

Soulhead Posted - 03/11/2003 : 08:09:54
Gave it a good solid play over the weekend and wow, it's really growing on me. All peaks now open.

You're right chrisg, the long runs from the top of each peak to the bottom are amazing. And the way the music is mixed to fit your performance is just magic. That was one of the things that impressed me most in the original SSX, so it's nice to experience it again with a bunch of fresh tunes.

I'm really appreciating the track design too - much more believable on the whole. I like the way they've gone with mostly natural courses this time, though the city area is a bit of a letdown. It just looks a bit blocky and unconvincing compared to the others.

chrisg Posted - 31/10/2003 : 15:06:45
Good to have you back soulhead :)

(Just make sure that the work and wife don't get in the way of the gaming ;) )

I've only unlocked the second peak... but it's amazing how you can go on free ride and go completely down the hill already (assuming you choose the right track) uninterrupted. The music + DJ are set up really nicely to go with this too (pick your fave music and hit the slopes!)

g

Is it the shoes?

www.futuregamez.net

Soulhead Posted - 31/10/2003 : 10:05:24
Yeah, the framerate is mostly solid. I have noticed it start to break up when there's lots going on (many racers on screen and particle effects, etc.) but that happens very rarely.
The lack of 60hz and the cheap conversion of the FMVs (line doubling) has grated on me though - with two years of development you'd think rendering Pal FMVs would not have been inconceivable, and 60hz is rapidly becoming standard for Pal releases.

Disclaimer: I have been solidly playing the blazingly fast, liquid smooth F-Zero GX in 60hz this week, so the switch to SSX3 was really harsh for me. Really harsh.

Still, it's early days; my racers stats aren't up there yet - a bit of extra speed will make a big difference. Haven't opened the 2nd peak yet. It's certainly the best SSX yet.

BTW, it's nice to be back. I've been offline for quite a while getting married and holidaying. Back at work now. Grr.

chrisg Posted - 29/10/2003 : 10:56:52
Yeah I've got the PAL version...

I've heard complaints on forums with regard to the PAL version not having a 60 Hz mode (and no progressive scan either), but haven't heard anything about framerate issues...

g

Is it the shoes?

www.futuregamez.net

Corey Posted - 29/10/2003 : 07:43:41
Are you playing the PAL version? I've heard that EA stuffed up the PAL conversion resulting in a worse frame rate than the US version.

chrisg Posted - 28/10/2003 : 21:16:37
SSX3 = best game of the series, and i'd almost go so far as to say the best game in my collection...

Framerate is silky smooth (stutters in one or two spots, but alot better than earlier titles), graphics are fantastic, gameplay has been taken to the next level with plants and nose/tail presses, can have huge (+30 minute) runs down the hill, sound and music is great, faar too many unlockables and bonuses, online gameplay, multiplayer...

It's good. Real good...

g

Is it the shoes?

www.futuregamez.net

FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07