FutureGamez.net Forum
FutureGamez.net Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Sony Console Talk
 Playstation 2
 Twisted Metal: Black

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is ON
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cbache Posted - 19/06/2001 : 12:11:18
YYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'ts on it's way. I've read a review of TM: B, and they lapped it up! www.gamespot.com gave it 9.5! This couldn't have been better news. I'm the biggest fan of the first two (the only two, really), and the success of this one was a big concern for me. Well, looks like it shatters all others, and is one of the best PS2 games out there, in every respect.

Controls are tight, and similar to the originals.
High detail, and virtually 0 fogging.
1-4 player split screen.
Surround sound.
Excellent FMV throughout the game.
Well written script.
One of the most interactive games ever.
And just wait 'till you read about the beginning of the first level. WOW!

I'M GETTING THIS GAME!

________ . .________ . ________
________I .I________ . ________I
I . . . . . . . .________I I________
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Phantom Posted - 07/12/2001 : 10:31:02
Yar I spoke to Anne at Sony today and she said they didn't even have time to tell people it was coming out (Which is why I didn't know until yesterday).. Still we can all be thankful that it's finally here. But what to play? TMB, Half Life, Jak & Daxter... all stunning games..

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net
Phoenix Eternal Ember Posted - 07/12/2001 : 09:57:12
Well it has just been released today.
While picking up the last copy of GTA3 (sorry, but I am stoked that I actually got it!) I saw Sweet Tooth's evil grin. Also Half Life and Jax and Daxter has been released.

Thankfully I am starting work on Monday so I'll have the money to pick all the great titles out this month all at once!
Sweeeeeeeeeet!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Let me see you make decisions,
Without your television.
- Rammstein
Phantom Posted - 09/11/2001 : 14:03:56
I'm not to sure about the December date.. I'm still to get confirmation.. However with the recent delays of Wipeout Fusion and Dropship it could be that Sony are looking for another pre-Christmas big title.. That game could easily be brought forward... Let's hope.. and when I get the work it will be in the news section.

David Warner
Future Gamez
chrisg Posted - 09/11/2001 : 07:32:14
Looks like the game has been fixed up to Mrs Broflouvski's expectations - the game is up once again on the official site, and looks like it is set for a December release. I'm gonna be one happy gamer if I see this game before christmas...

g

Linux. Because rebooting is for adding new hardware
Phoenix Eternal Ember Posted - 06/11/2001 : 09:37:50
Well, I agree with your little rant Cameron, except for one little point, and that is calling their opinions worthless. Everyone has a right to think whatever they hell they want, it's just when they force it on to others is when it is not right. Like here, obviously. You are right though, warnings are there for a reason. But the Video Game industry does not care nor enforce any of the ratings. I saw a kid at EB try to by a M rated game, the sales clerk just turned around and said that he could not sell it to him, but he could sell it to his mum. Hello? The difference is? (Apart from EB covering their arse!)

Well, anyways, I have an exam in 3 hours. Isn't that nice?

In Tyler we trust.
chrisg Posted - 05/11/2001 : 16:22:14
Whatr peeves me off is why should they bother when the game's already out in one part of the world, where the majority of sales lie? I mean, we're always at the end of the videogame food chain, and more often than not we're treated to sub-standard games that are missing components contained in the reviews that we've all read.

Damn you Mrs.Broflouvski wannabes! Damn you to hell...

g

cbache Posted - 05/11/2001 : 14:01:02
I know that the exclusion of some cut scenes and other elements woun't affect the gameplay (blah, blah), but it's these little touches that make it brilliant. Don't forget that it's the little things that count, especially in games.

What pisses me off is that we're finding ourselves being ruled by fat, ugly 40 year old single mothers on the doll with 6 kids, who have nothing better to do with their pathetic existences than complain and make sure that everyone else is just as miserable. It's these Mrs.Broflouvski wannabes that ensure the guys trying to bring us quality products are intimidated enough that they eventually cower in a corner, afraid of showing their faces in daylight, lest they be hunted down by a marauding pack of vicious, life-sucking vulture whingebags.

When such loud, uneducated, opinionated scum out there are allowed to voice their worthless opinions before actually crawling out of their holes to look at the way things actually work, the terrifying results can be seen all around us, with senseless destruction of fine (and non-destructive, might I add) products, such as Twisted Metal: Black.

Killers don't need a game to instruct them to kill. Sane people won't be converted to raving psychotic lunatics at the site of a fictional violent setting (come on, what part of Twisted Metal can honestly be taken seriously, in any way!?). And WARNINGS were created to protect those who were too sensitive to handle it. That's why I steered clear of Hannible, The Clockwork Orange, and others. You're not being forced to view the content, so DON'T!

Anyway, that's my little spiel on censorship.

chrisg Posted - 03/11/2001 : 18:19:14
Alas, whilst I do enjoy the killing of innocents, policemen, fbi, the military, and de-limbing members of other street gangs, nothing will come close to transforming from an ice-cream truck into a psycho-robot-clown and 'killing' 3 buddies sitting by my side. Now networkable/online gta4... that would remove any reason to leave the house...

g

Phoenix Eternal Ember Posted - 03/11/2001 : 11:21:15
Well, it is still going to play the same.
Besides, buy the time it comes out, you should be having fun killing innocent people in GTA3, right chris?

But yeah, censership sucks (only because I am de-censertised!)

In Tyler we trust.
chrisg Posted - 02/11/2001 : 17:40:32
After all the crap that SANE (the mental lobbyist group) gave sony about this game, it got put on the ice in oz (and due to the sept 11 events also...). According to another [url="http://www.ps2australia.com/news/2001/october/29a.html"] Australian site[/url], the game will still make it to Australia, just with several scenes removed. Furthermore, the UK version is going to be the same as the Australian one, so theirs will be slightly toned down in the 'mental' department also. Although it's good news seeing that it won't have to be imported, it's rather disappointing that we'll be getting a cut-up version while the us have the original make.

g

chrisg Posted - 31/07/2001 : 20:01:21
I respect your opinion, David, but studying the stuff I do at uni I don't really see that there's much to converting between PAL and NTSC. The only major difference would be the actual displaying of the graphics on the screen, with the differing refresh rates and resolutions. I'd be very surprised if the game wasn't in letterbox format, like a large number of the ps2 games are. As for extra features? It's damn rare if you see it (gt2 perhaps being a major exception). Last conversion 'tweak' that us Aussies experienced was the cutting out of the iLink feature for Unreal! What you said regarding the sales peak time was true though, but I'm sure there are many dissappointed tm fans out there.

Just hate getting the arse-end of the stick in Oz...

g

Phantom Posted - 31/07/2001 : 12:40:13
You have to factor in the time it takes to convert it to PAL format and in a lot of cases tweak the gameplay or change the music etc. I'm not sure if this game will be altered at all, but another reason would definately be to push it closer to the Christmas season when most of the games are bought during the year.

David Warner
Future Gamez
chrisg Posted - 30/07/2001 : 11:07:20
:(
According to the [url="http://au.playstation.com"]official site[/url] the date is sometime in october. P*sses me off, seeing that the states have had it for almost a month now.

g

'the sharpness is cutting my eyes'
oh, and i'm not plugging this site:
[url]http://www.futuregamez.net[/url]

Edited by - chrisg on 30/07/2001 17:38:20
chrisg Posted - 27/06/2001 : 09:03:14
:D
Just read on another aussie site that it's been moved to sometime in August. Contender for gt3's release? maybe not, but it's still gonna be a great game.

g

Phantom Posted - 23/06/2001 : 13:31:58
TM:Black is currently scheduled for an unspecified date in September here in Austrlia.

David Warner
Future Gamez
chrisg Posted - 23/06/2001 : 10:15:10
erm... well.. then...

I was just wanting to know if they were dvd-quality or not. Just after a simple yes/no answer and look what i get . Just to settle this, phoenix, I did take it as you going slightly overboard, but I wouldn't take sides then would I ;).

WHEN'S IT COMING OUT!??!?!?

g

Phoenix Eternal Ember Posted - 22/06/2001 : 16:32:47
Oh boy, here we go again.

I'm not freaky out over chris asking what the quality is like, I simply stated my opinion that FMV quality to me, is not as important as the game.

I'm "freaking out" over your line to chris:
quote:
Likes to misquote and make up extravegant stories, doesn't he Chris?

seriously, go back and actually read my post I just chris why the FMV quality matters then as a joke, said perhaps he'd like the game to be all FMV.

That's it.

As for the MGS2, as far as I know the cutscences are realtime. Also, as I remember it I expressed a disliking for the cutsences not being centred on screen (I was referring to the large border on the right side of the screen) I wasn't complaining they where letterboxed.

"I was thinking about 'No TV and Beer make Homer' something something."
"'Go crazy'?"
"Don't mind if I do! Arghh, blurbshiba, bluuu"
cbache Posted - 22/06/2001 : 12:54:54
What are you freaking out over? It's a perfectly valid point of interest. We were talking about the FMV to begin with, so why shouldn't the quality be a question? It's more valid than and personal debates that might be continuously carried out, that have no relation to games. What part of his question stupid or unimportant?

If the FMV is a big part of the game (and it is if it constantly appears, and forms the outcome to which you are constantly working towards when playing), then it is important that it is of as high a standard as the rest of the game; especially since we are used to DVD movies pumping out of our PS2s. You once said yourself that it pissed you off that the cutscenes in MGS2 are in letterbox format. Therefore, FMV sequences are important enough for even you to scrutinise.

Phoenix Eternal Ember Posted - 22/06/2001 : 11:33:04
quote:

WTF??????

Misquote? Stories???
Chris asked what the FMV quality was like, I simply replied asking why does it matter, FMV is not that important, if he thinks it is then maybe he'd like interactive movies back (which are filled with FMV).

Now, I know your arguement Chris, I am still happy to watch my Saturn's grainy FMV as I am to watch the PS2's. I really dont see why it matters, and it's not like the PS2 has a crap record of FMV or anything, it has all been pretty good.

"'Go crazy'?"
cbache Posted - 22/06/2001 : 10:03:29

Because they were just little 320x240 Sorenson movies, it was impossible to judge the quality. Still, I think CDs can still pretty much keep up with DVD in terms of short FMVs (not feature-length, of course). Look at Tekken Tag.

It probably will be on DVD, because from the sound of it, there are a lot of sound effects, I get the impression that there are FMVs between levels, and the levels are HUGE. Since this is the next gen, people won't stand for crappy video (especially when we're used to our machines playing DVD movies!), the sequences will probably be full screen, full quality. Also, the sound files would have to be the same quality. Add to the fact that a lot of the textures in the game would be high-res. Add this up, and they'll probably have to go for DVD.

chrisg Posted - 21/06/2001 : 13:37:47
interactive movies?

I was more thinking about the obvious visible difference between fmv and dvd. Now video sequences are more enjoyable with better quality yeah? then what's wrong with wanting a game on dvd so that the video sequences look better? When did i mention anything else? cbache had just posted about how good the fmv was - i wanted to know what it looked like. DVD = better video quality & more space for video clips = longer video sequences. yeah?

g

Phoenix Eternal Ember Posted - 21/06/2001 : 11:22:20
IGN says that it is out in the US now, (and also that it is one of the best PS2 games!)

Why does the FMV quality matter chris? Geez don't tell me you want to go back to the days of "interactive movies"!
Personally, as long as the game is good, the FMV won't come into the decision. (don't get me wrong, I like FMV though)

"'Go crazy'?"
chrisg Posted - 20/06/2001 : 23:19:43
Was the fmv dvd-quality, cbache, or grainier stuff? I'm curious as to what format the game will be coming out on (please be dvd...). Oh and David (or anyone else), any word on when Australia will be seeing this game?

g

cbache Posted - 20/06/2001 : 12:31:38
Just saw 2 unfinished FMV sequences for it (without sound). I won't spoil them for you, so don't worry.

If you were wandering what they were like, if you've seen the FMV for Thrill Kill on the PSX, you'll know what you're in for. Personally, I think the FMV for this game was made by exactly the same guys. The subject matter's very similar, the quality's 10 times better (to match today's high standards), and they're slightly darker.

In short, they're bloody awsome! The Thrill Kill influence is definitely a good thing. These sequences you won't skip through!

chrisg Posted - 19/06/2001 : 19:11:33
wow.
I just read the review at ps2.ign.com. It looks as though it may be as good as the first one when it dawned on the psx. Little animations on your car when you pick up new weapons, big interactive landscapes, fast, crisp, jaggiless, fogless, bliss. Geeez, just when everyone's bagging the ps2 for having aaa titles that are always delayed, this one jumps out and shows us what the system can do. Hope it makes it to our shores sometime soon - it looks damn fine.
Mmmm.... 4p twisted metal...

g

chrisg Posted - 19/06/2001 : 18:39:11
dunno why, but i seem to prefer the very first one. Nothing like fighting minion on the top of those skyscrapers... guess it was cos it was one of the first psx games i ever played *sniff*.

g

Phoenix Eternal Ember Posted - 19/06/2001 : 17:16:12
If it's as good as World Tour, then I am there!

That was my first PSX game, and I was surprised at how much I ended up loving that game. No game of this genre has every come close to World Tour, but lets hope TM Black changes that!

"'Go crazy'?"

FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07