FutureGamez.net Forum
FutureGamez.net Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Sony Console Talk
 Playstation 2
 Forbidden Siren 1 & 2

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is ON
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Phantom Posted - 28/03/2004 : 19:38:07
The review will be up soon, and really there seems to be two train of thoughts on this game, brilliant with flaws, or destroyed due to dubbing. In fact, in the review up soon, you'll find that I come to a conclusion of both really.

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Phantom Posted - 21/08/2006 : 21:44:22
Hi guys,

Well believe it or not there is now a sequel to Forbidden Siren available in PAL territories. While not really at the top of gamers lists its a series that showed promise. Does this second game deliver? Well check our Michael's full review here. What you waiting for?

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net
BGibbons Posted - 13/06/2004 : 12:17:57
Haha, that has to be one of the funniest things I've read today, your British voice-over examples, hell, I almost fell off my chair. Then again, I'm easily amused.

"Oh, look tis' a zombie. Say, zombie sir, care for a spot of tea and a biccy?"

That could have worked, too.

Um, but seriously back to the game. I only found this thread now, as I switched the board view to last year's threads. Um, I only actually got around to playing this game, yesterday.

And hell, this game should come with complimentary underwear, because I've never been so scared of a pixelated game in my entire life. This is probably the only real survival horror game I've played, but damn, I soiled myself like eight times, when that frantic red screen flashed up when a zombie spotted me, lol.

Ugh, that dubbing. What can we say? I think it's best I not comment on the dubbing, it's safer for everyone, let's just sum it up in one word: patheticallypathetic.

But other than the poor dubbing, and kind of weird graphics during cut-scenes, although they still look gorgeous, I'd say this is one of the better games I've played this year. It's just the damn dubbing, ugh.

Oh well, good game.

PlayStation 2 - fun, anyone?
Soulhead Posted - 02/04/2004 : 14:57:50
I'm leaning toward the side of brilliant with flaws. This really is survival horror at its grittiest, where you have less chance of survival than ever. The dubbing is truly the most horrific part of the game though. What a tragic butchering of the game. Atmosphere is everything in this genre, and to undo so much of the hard work put into creating thouroughly believable characters by slapping on a woeful english dub is just criminal.
Someone at SCEE really needs to be set on fire. One word: subtitles. Would have been less work and far better for the game. The absolute least I could have hoped for would have been a dub performed by english-speaking japanese voice-actors. That would have seemed far less out of place than the unmistakably British V/O we ended up with.
"Oh, I say, is that a zombie over there?"
"Why, I don't know chap, lets dally over and take a look, shall we?"
"Good show! Toodle-pip!"
Okay, I'm exagerating, but damn its a pity they screwed up the localisation.

That aside, Siren is a quality title.

Edited by - soulhead on 02/04/2004 14:59:14

FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07