FutureGamez.net Forum
FutureGamez.net Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Sony Console Talk
 Playstation 2
 Splinter Cell PS2?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is ON
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Yeeg-Ptark Posted - 20/03/2003 : 16:54:58
Has anyone played the demo or read the review of SC for PS2 in the latest OPS2 mag? I had a quick look in store and it looked pretty damn impressive..further testing and playing about killed by a dodgy controller that kept making the guy run to the right. I think I'll be picking this one up next week on release.

On a related rant I resent paying 15 bucks for the OPS2 magazine. It's thin to start with and why the hell should I pay that sort of cash (presumably) for a DVD filled with what is essentially promotional material?

------------------------
"Magic is impressive..but now Minsc leads. Swords for everyone!"
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fuzzymoochicken Posted - 17/04/2003 : 12:02:29
i dunno, my kind of game is just grabbin' a bazooka and nukin' everything to ash... not too big a fan of 'stealth'...

oh and is DMC2 REALLY that bad? i just bought the first one a coupla days ago and am on the last level... but it was an awesome game, i think...

Corey Posted - 14/04/2003 : 10:19:10
I used to own SC on Xbox and I hired SC on PS2 on the weekend so I think I can comment. Graphically the PS2 version doesn't come close to the Xbox version. There I said it. But...it does play better. The modifications they have made to the levels have really reduced the frustration level of the Xbox version which in turn makes the game more fun.

I also really like that the Oil Rig level is now set at night. It didn't feel right being set when it was before.

Phantom Posted - 13/04/2003 : 18:52:41
The review of DMC2 will be up soon and yes, it is a disappointment, Splinter Cell is a much more worth purchase, or even the original DMC if you don't have that one yet.

But back to Splinter Cell, has anyone else played the PS2 and XBox games yet? Does everyone agree with the review about the PS2 game having more benefits etc. My X-Slab loving buddy disagrees with my review.

David Warner
Future Gamez
http://www.futuregamez.net
chrisg Posted - 13/04/2003 : 17:58:31
quote:
but it looked like Devil May Cry 2 and I would pay 15 bucks to play that crap!

Hehehe... know what you were saying, but couldn't resist

g

Is it the shoes?

www.futuregamez.net

Phoenix Eternal Ember Posted - 22/03/2003 : 09:18:53
quote:
You can get all the useful content of the magazine (and much more) online - cheaper, faster, better.

Well yes, but my point is that when you read a magazine, since you bought it you might as well read all of it, you see games or news that you would have never given the time of day to on the net.

I just bought the latest issue of OXB for the demos of Panzer Dragoon Orta and Shenmue 2. Was it worth it? I think so. 15 bucks for a day or two's playing (Shenmue 2 is a big demo and PDO looks friggen' awesome!) plus some reading material. I didn't see exactly what was on the PS demo, but it looked like Devil May Cry 2 and I would pay 15 bucks to play that crap! (I can't believe how much Capcom screwed the sequel up!)

----------------------------------------------------------------
I am not addicted to ebay, I just need to check it every day.....
Well actually every half day........
okay, okay I check it every hour.
Soulhead Posted - 21/03/2003 : 15:55:37
You're not buying a magazine with a free demo disc, you're buying a demo disc that comes with a free magazine.

You can get all the useful content of the magazine (and much more) online - cheaper, faster, better.

If the disc ain't worth $15, then skip it.

Yeeg-Ptark Posted - 21/03/2003 : 14:43:47
It's much - MUCH better than it used to be. I agree the previous incarnation was absolute arse. It is much better now though each issue seems to get thinner and thinner - OXB mag looks like much better value.

Still 15 bucks? Seriously..considering the amount of demos and full programs that get packed onto the often ridiculously fat PC magazines I usually buy for 10 bucks a piece.

I think distributors would do well to put packed demo disks by themselves for sale in places like EB.

------------------------
"Magic is impressive..but now Minsc leads. Swords for everyone!"
Phoenix Eternal Ember Posted - 20/03/2003 : 18:14:15
You pay the money (or at least I do for the Xbox mag) for 2 reasons:

1) The promotion material is (generally) full screen on your TV. With out the massive download.

2) You read articles or watch movies/play demos of games that you never gave the time of day to on the net, but they turn out to be sweet. (That's how I got hook on Morrowind, on the net I just thought it was another crappy american RPG)

I'm sure the OPS2 mag disc is the same as the OXM one. I don't read the PS2 one, not cos I don't like the PS2, but because when I last read it (back in the days of GT3) it was so horrible, I mean really bad that I never looked at it again.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I am not addicted to ebay, I just need to check it every day.....
Well actually every half day........
okay, okay I check it every hour.

Edited by - Phoenix Eternal Ember on 20/03/2003 18:15:29

FutureGamez.net Forum © 2014 Future Gamez Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07